- INDUSTRY-FIRST - Dual connector with support for USB-C and Lightning
- UNIFIED SOLUTION - A key that works across desktops and mobile devices
- SIMPLE - Just insert into USB-C or Lightning port and tap the gold contact
- DURABLE - Fiberglass reinforced bodies protect key from everyday life
- PORTABLE - Fit the YubiKey on a keyring and carry anywhere you go
- COMPATIBLE - YubiKey 5Ci, as part of the YubiKey 5 Series, works with leading operating systems and web services
How it Works
1. Choose a service to sign-in with and enter your username and password
2. When prompted, simply insert the YubiKey into a USB port
3. Authenticate effortlessly with a touch of the gold contacts
The USB-C connection of the YubiKey 5Ci works with a wide range of services including: Google, Microsoft Accounts, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, GitHub, Dashlane, Keeper Security, and more. Support for the Lightning connection of the YubiKey 5Ci is currently emerging with a growing number of iOS apps, including 1Password, Bitwarden, Dashlane, Keeper Security, LastPass, and Okta, as well as a number of services through the Brave browser.
Supported logins on the Brave browser include Twitter.com, Login.gov, GitHub.com, Bitbucket.org, and 1Password.com.
- Secure your login and protect your account with hundreds of services like LastPass, Dashlane, 1Password and others.
- Protect your online accounts from phishing and account takeovers. A YubiKey makes it extremely difficult to gain access or steal your most important files, pictures, emails, and financial information.
- Register easily with hundreds of services. Once registered, each service will simply request you to insert and tap your YubiKey to gain access during login. Simple, convenient, and secure.
- Use the same asymmetric cryptography and strong security used by individuals at 9 of the top 10 technology companies. Yubico pioneered the creation of the FIDO U2F and FIDO2 authentication protocols along with Google and Microsoft. Using the YubiKey, companies have seen zero successful phishing attempts.
- The YubiKey 5Ci is FIDO and FIDO2 certified. It works with Google Chrome or any FIDO-compliant application on Windows, macOS or Linux and with applications that provide FIDO, FIDO2, or one-time-password (OTP) support and through Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browsers.
- Hardware Security Key - Simpler, faster, and more secure than SMS or authenticator apps
- Battery Free - With no batteries or network connectivity required, authenticate anywhere.
- Portable - Slips easily onto a key ring or in your wallet so you always have access when you need it
- Securely Manufactured - Made in USA or Sweden and packaged in tamper-evident, safety sealed packaging.
- Durable - Injection molded & fiberglass reinforced
- Asymmetric Cryptography - Uses public and private key cryptography.
- USB Type: USB-C, Lightning
- NFC-enabled: No
- Authentication Methods: Passwordless, Strong Two Factor, Strong Multi-Factor
- Productivity & Communication: Google Account, Microsoft account, Salesforce.com | Emerging support for Lightning connector
- Password Managers: 1Password, Dashlane Premium, Keeper®, LastPass Premium | Emerging support for Lightning connector
- Cloud Storage: Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive | Emerging support for Lightning connector
- Social: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube | Emerging support for Lightning connector
- Design & Durability: No Batteries Required, No Moving Parts
- Function: WebAuthn, FIDO2 CTAP1, FIDO2 CTAP2, Universal 2nd Factor (U2F), Smart card (PIV-compatible), Yubico OTP, OATH – HOTP (Event), OATH – TOTP (Time), Open PGP, Secure Static Password
- Certifications: FIDO 2 Certified, FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) Certified
- Cryptographic Specifications: RSA 2048, RSA 4096 (PGP), ECC p256, ECC p384
- Device Type: FIDO HID Device, CCID Smart Card, HID Keyboard
- Manufacturing: Made in USA and Sweden
More about Universal 2nd Factor (U2F)
FIDO2 is an open authentication standard that consists of the W3C Web Authentication specification (WebAuthn API), and the Client to Authentication Protocol (CTAP). CTAP is an application layer protocol used for communication between a client (browser) or a platform (operating system) with an external authenticator (Security Key by Yubico).
FIDO2 offers the same high level of security as FIDO U2F, as it is also based on public key cryptography and is intended to solve multiple user scenarios including strong first factor (passwordless), strong second factor, and multi-factor authentication. With these new capabilities, the hardware security key can entirely replace weak static username/password credentials with strong hardware-backed public/private-key credentials. These credentials cannot be reused, replayed, or shared across services, and are not subject to phishing and MiTM attacks or server breaches.
Allway updated specifications can be found at yubico.com.